Ross I. Molho
Mr. Molho concentrates his practice on business counseling and employment law. Mindful of the cost of legal services, Mr. Molho works efficiently to solve his clients’ problems. Most cases he settles favorably. Others are tried to verdict effectively and creatively.
Mr. Molho serves as lead counsel through all facets of trial and appeal. Mr. Molho routinely counsels private employers and their chief executives on ADA, FMLA, Title VII, ADEA, OSHA, NLRA and union avoidance issues. He is conversant with all human resource policies including: employment agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, handbooks, and more.
Recognition, Affiliations & Memberships
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits
- U. S. District Court and Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (“SPHR”)
Honors and Awards
- Case Western Reserve Law Review: Associate 1991-92 Volume 42
- Case Western Reserve Law School Dean’s Scholar (3 year full tuition scholarship)
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of the DuPage County Bar Association
- Adjunct Instructor of Conflict Resolution for North Central College, Winter 2011-2013.
- Arbitrator for Cook County Circuit Court and the DuPage County Circuit Court 2004 through the present.
- Chair of the DuPage Bar Association’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee / 2010-11.
- Chair of the DuPage Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Committee / 2005-2006.
- Juris Doctor, cum laude,
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (1993)
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota (1990)
- Mr. Molho publishes a weekly email blast regarding Employment/Labor issues titled “Wednesday Evening Word”
- “Illinois amends ‘Facebook’ law” The Business Ledger; February 17, 2014.
- IICLE Chancery and Special Remedies 2009 Practice Handbook; Chapter 9, “Guardians and Receivers” and Supplement 2011.
- Prevailing Wage Law, Lorman Education Services, Itasca IL, April 2010, January 15, 2008 and April 13, 2011 (One of Three Authors).
- “Three Trends in HR Law Mean Big Changes to Come” The Business Ledger; September 21, 2009.
- Advanced Employee Discharge and Documentation in Illinois, Lorman Education Services, Rockford IL, May 11, 2006, (One of Four Authors).
- Common Misconceptions In Human Resources in Illinois, Lorman Education Services, Arlington Heights IL, March 30, 2006, (One of Five Authors).
- ACMHAI Annual Legislative Conference in Springfield, Illinois, April 2013 – “Freedom of Information Act and the Illinois Open Meetings Act.”
- Human Resource Institute at Aurora University, August 31, 2011 – “What You Need to Know to be in Legal Compliance.”
- The Business Ledger Newsmakers’ Forum on HR, Insurance & Benefits in Elk Grove Village, August 2011.
- NCI Works! Employer Conference, Business Advantage . . . Community Resources and Informational Partnerships that Work! August 11, 2010 – “Health Care Reform”.
- 11th Annual Illinois Human Resources Conference and Exposition (IL SHRM) August 2, 2010 – “Healthcare Reform and its Impact on Human Resources Professionals in Illinois”.
- DuPage Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) November 19, 2009 – “Healthcare Reform and its Impact on Human Resources Professionals in Illinois”.
- The Business Ledger Newsmakers’ Forum on HR, Insurance & Benefits at McDonald’s Campus in Oak Brook, IL, September 2009.
- DuPage Bar Association Basic Skills Course – December 2007 and 2008 — “Employment Law for New Practitioners”
- Won a breach of contract and tortious interference case in Kankakee Circuit Court during a bench trial on a directed finding
- Obtained a temporary restraining order on behalf of a pipette supply, repair, and calibration company after it was discovered that former employees were engaged in unfair competition.
- Defended and won a bench trial on behalf of a national corporation involving an invasion of privacy claim. He defeated an employee discrimination case in Rock Island at the pleading stage. He won a Title VII case on summary judgment U.S. District Court, N.D. Ill.
- Won a 5 day jury trial defending an employer in Joliet, IL against whistleblower and retaliation claims. Jurors polled after the trial pointed to Mr. Molho’s demeanor and presentation as a key to the victory.
- Won a 3 day bench trial in Cook County Circuit Court defending an employer against claims of retaliation and breach of employment contract.
- Won a six-figure commercial judgment in a New Jersey arbitration proceeding against a large New York law firm. The claims involved breach of contract and breach of warranty. He defeated a six-figure commercial claim in a North Carolina arbitration proceeding against a Charlotte law firm litigating on its home turf.
- Won appeals in the Illinois Circuit Courts for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Districts. He has won summary judgment in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois which was affirmed on appeal in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.