Jonathan D. Carlson
Mr. Carlson concentrates his practice representing and counseling businesses and entrepreneurs in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisitions and leasing, commercial transactions, terms and conditions, manufacturing and distribution agreements, non-competition and restrictive covenant agreements, lending and financing, technology and software transactions, and day-to-day corporate counsel services.
Prior to joining CCM, Mr. Carlson was Corporate Counsel for a privately held investment corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary, an international technology corporation specializing in the design, manufacturing and sale of light emitting diode (LED) technologies. Mr. Carlson has experience counseling businesses engaged in commercial transactions of all types throughout the United States and internationally in China, Mexico and Colombia.
Practice Admissions, Affiliations & Memberships
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Midwest Business Brokers Institute (MBBI)
- Secretary, Corporate Law Departments Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, DuPage County Bar Association
- President, Timber Oaks Association
- Juris Doctor, Valparaiso University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Illinois at Chicago
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements in Commercial Transactions: Essential Points For Reviewing and Counseling Your Client, The Corporate Lawyer, Vol. 53, No. 3, Illinois State Bar Association (March 2016).
- Represented the seller of a majority interest of an international logistics corporation
- Successfully represented the seller of multiple franchise locations
- Negotiated terms and conditions of sale for sale of equipment to Tesla Motors
- Represented client on the acquisition of an 18,000 square foot industrial building
- Represented client in the financing and acquisition of an industrial warehouse building, including the negotiation of loan and security documents