Labor & Employment
Whether you are looking for business-savvy strategies for improving employment practices or vigorous defense of employment-related claims, Clingen Callow & McLean, LLC is the firm for you. Our experienced team of attorneys provide compliance counseling and litigation services in the following areas:
- Affirmative action
- Fair Labor Standards Act compliance
- Employers’ Trade secrets protection, restrictive covenants and noncompetes
- Labor relations, including union avoidance and collective bargaining
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) processes
- Class action prevention and defense
- Wage and hour and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance
- Immigration, nationality, and consular law services
- Sexual harassment and other discrimination issues
- Privacy issues: identity theft, e-mail policies, drug testing
We draft concise employment documents which directly and succinctly address our clients’ needs. Examples of labor and employment documents which we draft frequently are: Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation and Non-Disclosure Agreements; Severance Packages; Employee Handbooks; Termination Letters; Harassment and Investigation Policies; Drug Testing Policies; and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
We are experienced in dealing with contentious and complex litigation, and our thorough knowledge of the labor and employment law field invariably leads to successful outcomes. We have successfully represented our clients in a variety of employment litigation matters including:
Non-Compete Covenants and Trade Secrets – We have a wealth of experience in prosecuting and defending actions involving temporary restraining orders and injunctions in matters concerning alleged violations of employment contracts and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Discrimination Claims – We have defeated dozens of claims of discrimination before the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
State and Federal Employment Claims – We defend our clients in state and federal courts in actions involving employment contracts, retaliation and wrongful termination claims.