David J. Bressler
Mr. Bressler practices in the areas of civil litigation, employment, and general business counseling. He has experience practicing before the state and federal courts of northern Illinois and other jurisdictions, as well as various public and private administrative and arbitration venues.
After graduating law school (where he was a member and editor of the Law Journal), Mr. Bressler served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nicholas Bua of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Among his responsibilities in that position was the administration of the Shakman decree, which precludes various Illinois governmental agencies from hiring and firing based on political motivation. Following his clerkship, he entered private practice and was a partner at a national law firm for more than three decades where he was responsible for oversight of that firm’s DuPage County office prior to joining CCM.
In practice, Mr. Bressler represents private and publicly held companies, public entities, not-for-profit organizations, estates and trusts, professionals (including architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors, and physicians and other healthcare concerns) and individuals. He also represents Illinois’ largest statewide interscholastic athletic association and other athletic organizations. He has significant experience litigating temporary, preliminary and permanent injunctions to complement his numerous trials before judges and juries, and his experience on appeals ranges from state and federal appellate courts to briefing before the United States Supreme Court and argument before the Illinois Supreme Court.
Mr. Bressler’s significant litigation experience is of great value in his general business practice, where he represents and advises clients in business acquisitions and sales as well as in everyday dealings and unique transactions. His business counseling experience extends to advising clients on employment matters, as well as debtor-creditor issues.
Practice Admissions, Affiliations & Memberships:
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois and Eastern District of Michigan
Honors & Awards:
- Recognized in Illinois SuperLawyers® for General Litigation, Business Litigation and Business/Corporate, 2011-2018
- Recognized in Law & Politics as an Illinois Super Lawyer for General Litigation, Business Litigation and Business/Corporate, 2005-2010
- Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the area of Civil Appellate and Commercial Litigation by the Leading Lawyers Network, 2005-2017. Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Loyola University, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- Member – DuPage Bar Association
- Member – DuPage County Law Firm Leadership Roundtable
- Campton Township (Kane County) Planning Commission, Chairman, 1994-2004
- Director and Vice President, St. Charles North High School Hockey Club, Founder, 2002-2004
- USA Hockey, Certified Ice Hockey Coach
- Accomplished Musician